Full Charge Bookkeeper Featured
Depends on experience level
Full Charge Bookkeeper for a local construction company. Individual must have an understanding of balance sheets and income statements and must have knowledge and experience in the following skill areas:
- Full chart of accounts, daily activity, and general journal entries.
Calculating and recording accruals, prepaids, depreciation expense and work in progress transactions.
Payroll preparation and payroll tax compliance, including quarterly and annual taxes and W-2 forms and reports.
- Bank account and credit card reconciliations – including accompanying journal entries.
- Accounts Payable including auditing vendor accounts.
- Accounts Receivable, invoicing customers and collecting and depositing receipts.
- Preparation of multi state sales and use tax, B & O tax, unemployment tax and various vehicle tax returns. Most tax returns are file online so knowledge and experience with internet operation is a must.
- Preparation of monthly work in progress schedule.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset listing.
- Insurance and tax audits by outside agencies.
- Superior customer service skills as you will be dealing with clients, vendors and subcontractors.
- MS Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook for email and scheduling.
- Minor Human Resources responsibilities.
Experience in Construction and Job Cost Accounting is desired.
Experience with Accounting Software is required and with Sage/Timberline Construction Accounting Software is a plus.
This position works closely with the company owner, outside Accountant, clients, vendors and subcontractors. This is a full charge bookkeeping position -- experience is a must. Our company has been in business for over 40 years. We are looking for a bookkeeper with a committed work ethic and a proven track record.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday thru Friday 8 to 5
- Health insurance, including RX
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid time off
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.