3D SolidWorks Drafter
707 7th Street West
Summary of Position
The 3D SolidWorks Drafter is responsible for the creation of and modification of documentation and prints pertaining to the manufacture of our products. Drafter will be using mechanical components and structural members to design solutions for applications in the mining and hauling industry. Work is supervised by a Design Engineer.
Experienced 3D SolidWorks Drafter
- Create new and update existing CAD models within SolidWorks.
- Perform component and assembly drawing layouts.
- Must be capable of reading and understanding customer requirements in the form of quotations, specifications and field sketches and applying applicable CAD details.
- Prepares complete sets of complex detail drawings from sketches, notes and verbal information supplied by engineers, sales department and designers.
- Revisions to existing drawings or computer models may be assigned with a verbal explanation of the desired results; more complex revisions are produced from sketches, computer models or specifications which clearly depict the desired product.
- Prepare production drawings for shop use.
- Ability to Work independently
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The proper use of tools and/or equipment commonly used in Computer Aided Drafting.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Highly-motivated and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction from and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels in the organization in a team environment.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, SolidWorks (knowledge of AutoCAD a plus)
- Certificate of successful completion of post high school, or equivalent, formal technical drafting course of study, drafting experience a plus.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.