C.J. Hughes is currently seeking an experienced Gas Distribution Foreman. In this position, the successful candidate must be able to perform and lead others in all aspects of the jobs required on a pipeline construction crew. Crews may consist of 4-10 people, or more. This position also requires working in extreme weather conditions that can include a substantial amount of intense physical labor. The successful candidate for this position is subject to overnight stays and working overtime, as required, as well as subject to passing all training/testing that must be maintained post hire.
- High regard for safety on the job and the crew
- Clean driving record
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Foreman or Crew Leader in the gas distribution field.
- Oversee and work with a crew of 3 to 8 employees.
- Be proficient with paperwork and basic computer skills, sending and receiving emails.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in all aspects of gas distribution, plastic mains & service installation, tie-ins, house piping.
- Be able to pass all required O.Q. courses required by customers & DOT
- Be familiar or able to operate heavy equipment associated with gas distribution jobs.
- CDL license is not required but preferred.
- Willing to work 5 to 6 days a week when schedule requires.
- 10 or 30 hr. OSHA certification recommended
Job Type: Full-time