*Position Summary *
It s the job of a logistics readiness officer to make sure the right equipment gets to the right Airmen long before any mission starts. If you choose this exciting Air National Guard career, you ll manage cargo distribution functions. That means you ll receive, inspect, track, package and ship supplies and equipment. You ll also direct airlift operations and manage vehicle and fuel operations as you support a variety of operations.
*Primary Responsibilities *
* Determine base readiness operations.
* Compute and analyze current and projected materiel requirements.
* Direct contingency, fuel management, aerial port and vehicle-management operations.
* Formulate logistics management and fiscal policy for weapons systems.
* Up to 30 days of vacation with pay each year
* Excellent healthcare coverage for you and your family
* Food and housing assistance
* A generous retirement program
* Prestigious leadership, training and continuing education opportunities
* Free or low-cost world travel opportunities
* Excellent starting salary
This job requires military service with a contract as a commissioned officer in the Air National Guard. The application is for a specific position within the Air National Guard.
To be considered you must meet the following requirements:
* Have a bachelor s degree with one of the following focuses: logistics management, economics, management, business administration, computer science, information management systems, finance, accounting, petroleum engineering, chemical engineering or industrial management
* Knowledge of distribution management, materiel management and contingency operations
* Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
* Must be between the ages of 18 and 39
*About the Air National Guard*
The Air National Guard is a unique military branch that offers careers and opportunities you won t find in any other organization on the planet. Plus you get to serve in a way that fits your lifestyle. That means serving close to home in a role that best suits you, all while building strength in the communities you serve, both locally and globally.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,000.00 - $73,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location